Meeting with Ms. Olga Semeniuk, Undersecretary of State, Ministry of Economic Development, Labor and Technology
The Digital Services Act is a European Commission initiative that will change the rules on the provisioning of digital services in the European Union. The act is planned to be published in December 2020 and will consist of two parts:
1. The reopening of the e-Commerce Directive to harmonize national rules and make internet platforms more responsible for users' content;
2. The enhancement of the regulatory oversight over digital platform business practices such as the transparency on recommendation systems and fairness standards, the rules on data usage and practices like self-preferencing, and the tying & bundling of services (so-called ex-ante rules).
The changes will have a great impact on EU competitiveness and the ability of the digital sector to keep innovating.
On behalf of the AmCham Digital Economy Committee, we invite you to an online meeting with Ms. Olga Semeniuk, Undersecretary of State at the Ministry of Economic Development, Labor, and Technology. Our guest will be accompanied by Ms. Marianna Sidoroff, Deputy Director of the Digital Economy Department at the Ministry of Economic Development, Labor and Technology, and Ms. Jadwiga Zakrzewska, Expert.
We will discuss:
1. The Polish government perspective regarding the Digital Service Act;
2. What will be the impact of these measures on the Polish economy?
3. Is it possible to combine the objectives of the European Commission such as boosting innovation or completing the single market without protectionist measures?
The meeting will take place on Tuesday, November 3 from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
To attend click the "I will attend button" to confirm your presence. The WebEx webinar link will be sent out to all registrants before the event.