How green is the Green New Deal? Impact of the EU regulation on business
On behalf of the AmCham Sustainability Committee, we invite you to a meeting How green is the Green New Deal – Impact of the EU regulation on business. Our speakers will be representatives of Polityka Insight, the platform of knowledge, Mr. Paweł Wiejski, European Affairs Analyst and Mr. Robert Tomaszewski, Senior Analyst for Energy Sector.
We will discuss:
- What is the Green Deal for Europe? Context of the proposal, growing popular support for ambitious climate policy, increased share of vote for green parties across the continent;
- Details of the strategy. What are the main proposals (climate law, sustainable Europe investment plan, just transition mechanism, sectoral strategies) and when will they be implemented;
- How Green New Deal will reshape transformation of energy sector in Europe and in Poland. Economic and political implications;
- Challenges for other specific sectors. What are short and long-term implications for transport, agriculture, industrial production? Will the Green Deal damage competitiveness of the EU;
- Opportunities: who will benefit from the Green Deal? What kind of funding will be made available via different programs and what will it take for companies to prepare for the new reality.
The meeting will take place on Tuesday, March 3 from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. in the AmCham Boardroom, Spektrum Tower, ul. Twarda 18, 16th floor (please use the panoramic lifts).