INVITATION: On 24 May 2017 CMS organises Public Procurement Forum that will be held at the Business Centre Club in Warsaw on 24 May 2017.
The event will discuss recent trends and developments in the public procurement market both in Poland and across Europe. The speakers and panelists will look at both new EU Directives and their implementation into national legislation as well as recent 2016 changes into Polish Public Procurement Law.
The agenda will include, in particular:
- The bigger (EU) picture – public procurement in Europe in 2017, latest trends and developments;
- Public procurement in Poland – recent and forthcoming legislative changes, market response and needs;
- New contract award criteria (MEAT) and LCC – practical approach, economic perspective, as well as views from the EU;
- Limiting bureaucracy and boosting innovation in public procurement – have the efforts been successful so far?
- Bid rigging and compliance aspects of public tenders – insight into antitrust and criminal law challenges;
- Fighting and defending tender outcome – experiences from various Member States.
Our speakers and panellists will be economists and business representatives of various entities and sectors as well as CMS lawyers from several European jurisdictions:
Joanna Baczewska, Board Member, Warsaw Trams Ltd;
Jakub Mikolajczak, Head of Legal, Bombardier Transportation Poland;
Edyta Snakowska-Estorninho, Legal Director, Pratt & Whitney;
Pawel Pawlowski, Self-government Investments Expert;
Virginie Dor, Member of the European Commission’s Stakeholder Expert Group on Public Procurement, CMS Brussels;
Bernt Elsner, Partner, CMS Austria
Małgorzata Urbańska, radca prawny, Partner, CMS Polska
Arkadiusz Korzeniewski, adwokat, Partner, CMS Polska
and further CMS Partners and experts.
The conference will be held in English, but simultaneous translation into Polish will be provided.