For the 20th consecutive year, we are organizing the AmCham Charity Drive to help children from 8 orphanages across the country and one single mothers' shelter in Słomczyn. All gifts are welcome, however, as these organizations struggle for everyday items, we encourage you to read the list below before making a decision on your donation. Please note that the single mothers’ shelter primarily needs fundamental articles, especially clothing and shoes for the winter. The items in bold are ones that are needed most.
In order to deliver the goods for Christmas we must receive them by Monday, December 7that the AmCham office, located on Emilii Plater 53, 19h floor, 00-113 Warszawa. We are open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
It is also possible to make cash donations to our Charity fund, which is used to purchase undeliverable goods (ex. coal and natural gas) on your behalf.
Our account number is:
Fundacja Amerykańskiej Izby Handlowej w Polsce:
93 1240 6003 1111 0010 4343 0032
All companies that participate in this project will be listed on the AmCham web site (www.amcham.pl) and featured in the Fall edition of our magazine - The American Investor.
Here is the list of needed items:
- Clothing (winter clothing, jeans, sweatpants, sweaters, coats, jackets, skirts, dresses) - only new items please!
- Shoes (winter, sports)
- Cleaning supplies (floor, bathroom cleaner, detergents, etc.)
- Toiletries (baby supplies, deodorants for girls and boys, shampoo, body wash, toothpaste, etc.)
- Food, candy
- Educational items (books, computer programs, computers/laptops, backpacks)
- Beds and bedding, blankets, duvets, pillows
- Sporting gear (sleeping bags, soccer and volley balls, tourist equipment)
- Toys (not only soft toys but also educational toys, like games, building bricks, puzzles, etc.)